Thursday, December 6, 2012

Roe, Breakfast of Champions

I've discovered a new breakfast food thanks to the yogurt man at the local Farmers Market. He typically sells me a bunch of dairy items I'm obsessed with, but I'm trying switch it up and ease up on the dairy. He had something new to offer this week so I, being the adventurous eater that my husband still doesn't believe I am, tried it without hesitation. He sold me 2 tubs and I was on my way.

Once home I cut up some cucumber and tomato and served it up for Mom and me with dinner- yum! I couldn't help but think this is the solution I've been looking for to get off the dairy laden breakfasts that have been my norm since returning to work four months ago.

So the new breakfast of champions to get me through my early morning interval training and run workouts is...Taramosalata! Supposedly it's Greek for roe with potato. This particular version is salmon egg, potato, lemon, and a wee bit of olive oil (yes, a 'wee bit' 'cause it's made by my Irish yogurt man). I don't know the exact nutritional value and don't really care- it's got enough protein and carbs to fuel my workout and start my day out right.

What's the most adventurous food choice you've made lately? Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment