Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Apple Sammies

My most favorite thing to do at the store these days is make nut butter (it's so much fun that I struggled deciding whether to post this under 'Food' or 'Fun'). At the new Lazy Acres grocery store I get to choose the nuts, pull the magic lever, and warm nut butter piles into my plastic tub! It's like frozen yogurt swirling its way into a cup, only healthier. My baby loves to watch this process too and gets all giddy at the nut butter machine.

There are several nuts to choose from but cashews are the only raw nut offered, so cashew butter it is. I sliced an apple all cute, slathered on the cashew butter, and added another apple slice on top. And there you have it- healthy filling apple sandwiches! I enjoyed mine post-workout but it will make a good snack anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment