Monday, February 24, 2014

Healthy Thin Mint Shake

Upon hearing that it's Girl Scout Cookie Season I thought of my strong liking for Thin Mints and came up with an idea. You see, I don't even like cookies much but I could polish off those two little rows of Thin Mints in maybe 8 minutes flat. So instead of going on a downward spiral into full blown sugar binge I took those 8 minutes to make myself a delicious Thin Mint Shake.

But here's what happened first. Just a few days ago in a moment I'm not proud of I asked my husband to bring home Thin Mint ice cream. I remember liking it (OK, loving it) in High School and now that I'm pregnant it sounded like the ultimate treat! And how could he possibly say 'no' to his almost 6 months pregnant wife? He so kindly stopped by the store on his way home from work and came home with the goods. Much to my dissatisfaction the ice cream was horrible- so fake tasting and just all wrong. Well good, at least I won't be having anymore of that. But I still needed to get my Thin Mint fix so here's what I so cleverly concocted in the blender:

-Handful of spinach
-Fresh mint leaves
-1 large frozen banana
-a tiny bit of cocoa nibs
-1/2 serving chocolate grass-fed whey protein from Reserveage Organics (not my fave but it's what I have right now)
-1 cup coconut milk (just coconut and water in a can from Trader Joes, nothing else added like they do to their coconut 'cream')
-Blend and garnish with a mint sprig to make it cute

I'll be making this without the protein powder and using cocoa powder instead to make Thin Mint Popsicles for the family!

I'd love to hear how you satisfy your sweet tooth with healthier alternatives- please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment