Saturday, February 22, 2014

Blender Blunder: What Did I Create?!

In an effort to use up the chocolate fondue dipping ingredients I had prepped to take to Girls' Night last night I ended up with some creamy goodness for our family's breakfast this morning. Yesterday I stuffed a bunch of dates with almond butter, cut up a bunch of fruit, and froze banana slices- all for dipping in glorious chocolate. But both the baby and husband were sick so I stayed home to be of service.

This morning I had the brilliant idea to switch up our boring breakfast routine and make delicious nutrient packed smoothies with last night's ingredients instead. Well, we've had a Vitamix for three years now and since I'm not big on reading instructions I just blend away and hope for the best. This resulted in our smoothies becoming thick creamy ice cream goodness!

Our boy is almost 22 months and has never had ice cream. He loves it and got a kick out of how cold it is! My husband and I both devoured it (ours was sprinkled with extra cocoa powder on top- yum!).

Ingredients for 3 full servings of
Banana Date Ice Cream:
-1 cup ice
-2 tsp raw almond butter
-5 large Medjool dates
-3 large bananas
-1 tsp cocoa powder
Scoop into a nice cup or bowl ('cause we should eat everything fancifully!) and garnish with a few banana slices & some cocoa powder or nibs. Enjoy this healthy treat for breakfast lunch or dinner!





No comments:

Post a Comment