Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Chocolate Pudding

In an attempt to kick my obsessions with milk chocolate and processed sugar I tried a new dessert today. I whipped it up in all of 2 minutes as a treat for Mom and me, and she was NOT a fan! I think it tastes great but she's calling it 'chocolate guacamole.'

Ingredients:
3/4 of a giant Haas avocado (or 1 regular)
2 tsp honey
2 tbsp cocoa powder

Rather than sacrificing any of my dessert to the Vitamix blades I opted to mush it all together myself with a fork. This worked just fine and my 15 month old baby got to lick a tiny bit of it after. He's never had honey or cocoa but so far he's seeming ok with it! I ate some fresh and froze a little. I tried cayenne with the fresh batch- yum! Then raspberries- even yummier! With the frozen batch I sprinkled just a little pink sea salt from Hawaii- yum! I think coconut flakes or even lavender would be good as well. I'll also do my old 'chocolate' recipe again soon with cocoa and coconut oil which was much preferred by my family.

Try your own twist on this recipe and toppings and please share!







No comments:

Post a Comment