Friday, August 3, 2012

Sweet Potato Goodness

Tonight we had the most satisfying dinner- Sweet Potato Hash! I wanted to use up the organic sweet potatoes that were about to go to waste since I haven't wanted to run the oven in the summer heat. Sweet potatoes are all the rage these days so I decided to jump on the trend and get creative with the spuds. Just a few simple ingredients led to one amazing meal that we're excited to keep modifying and enjoying here at Nassau Town. Although there could be so many delicious ways to prepare a sweet potato hash I wanted to keep it quick and simple tonight, so here you have it.

Ingredients
Grated sweet potato with skin
Green onion
Sea salt
Pepper
Eggs
Ghee
Use however much of each you prefer- I don't measure!

Mix the sweet potato, green onion & spices together and add to the pan full of hot ghee.
Cover and cook until soft, stirring a few times (this took about 5min. on medium heat in saute pan).
Cook eggs- you can scramble them into your potato hash but I cooked them in a separate pan sunny side up to get more of the nutrients from the yolk.
I put the hash into bowls, added the eggs on top, and doused my husband's in hot sauce of course.

We were both completely satiated and amazed at the rich flavors of the sweet potato, yolk, and ghee all coming together in perfect harmony. If you don't have ghee at home go out and buy some immediately, or make your own! And please don't be scared of the fat content of egg yolk and ghee- fat doesn't make you fat, I promise (just look at my husband). Let me know what tasty variations you create!


No comments:

Post a Comment